What will you get from this course?
Great tips on how to teach two depths!
Very well thought out course. Complete with audio, video and downloadable resources to help use the information you will learn. Thanks Connie!
Cue for Two Depths 💦
Excellent course which exhaustively discusses all the necessary topics needed to lead a complex training in shallow and deep water. Good audio and video presentation, many variations of exercises in different immersion and tips for instructor. T...
Cue for Two Depths
An excellent course to introduce you to the skill of balancing the teaching of two depths simultaneously. This course provides the skill of teaching two depths which with practice will be one in your teaching belt you will be happy to have obtain...
Have you had this problem?
You show up to teach your Deep & Delicious aqua fitness class, and several people stay in the shallow end. They won't move to deep water. What do you do?
- Hand them the class brochure and explain where they SHOULD be working?
- Ignore them?
- Move everyone to the shallow end so those fearful of deep water won't be upset or ignored?
This situation has happened to many aqua fitness instructors, including me. Early on, I decided there had to be a solution that offered great customer service, honoured participant preferences, and kept everyone safe and happy.
This course shares my solution with you!
There are numerous benefits to be gained from using the concepts in this course. Here are a few of the best:
- You will become 'Ambi-depth-sterous' - that magical kind of instructor who can simultaneously cue to both ends of the pool. Such instructors are highly prized and sought after! Who doesn't want to be indispensable?
- You will optimize participant preferences. No one likes to be ignored. Everyone has their own valid reasons for their preferred pool depth.
- You will be able to accommodate larger class sizes by using all areas of the pool. Considering your impending rise in popularity, this will be necessary!
- You and your aqua fitness participants will benefit from understanding best movement choices in each depth of the pool. You will be a better instructor. Period.
- Chest Deep Versus Deep / Suspended
- Moves Restricted to One Depth
- Legs Flexion Extension Both Depths
- Legs Abduction Adduction & Transverse Planes Both Depths
- What Moves Work Where Chart #3
- Swivel Ski Chest Deep
- Swivel Ski Deep / Suspended
- Deep/Suspended Core Sequence
- Deep Water March Moves
- Chest Deep Jacks, Unweighted (no bouncing)
- Kneeling Ski in Deep Water
- March Moves Chest Deep
- Stretches in Deep Water
- Heels up March Chest Deep
- Ankle Up March Chest Deep
- Tucks in Deep Water
Connie Jasinskas, H.B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Sc.
Founder, Master Trainer
About the instructor
“Always, my motivation is the welfare of the person seeking better health: people in rehab after injury or surgery, the inactive person hoping to create a positive change, weekend warriors, and athletes. By offering research-based, quality training for these individuals, as well as their instructors and therapists, my goal is joyful improvement and better health through movement.” Connie Jasinskas
About: Connie Jasinskas, M.Sc., brings over 30 years of experience, passion and humour to her work as an international health and fitness educator. She is an award-winning innovator in therapeutic aquatics. Connie created the AQX aqua fitness leadership training and certification program, offering facilities the opportunity to train and certify aqua fitness staff in-house. AquaBility (gentle aqua fitness), AquaNatal, AquaTots, AquaStrength, FloatFit, and AquaCycling are all one-day specialty certification courses with the AQX program. At home in Cambridge, Canada, Connie provides SAS: Self-AquaStretch, AquaStretch™, therapeutic aquatic exercise, pain education programs, OsteoFit classes, Training for Trainers, and instructor certification in a variety of specialties. Her depth of experience and enthusiastic approach to active learning have delighted learners on four continents and in numerous countries. Connie is a sought-after trainer, presenter, author and keynote speaker.
Education: H.B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Sc. (Exercise Physiology)
Qualifications: Certified Exercise Physiologist, Aquatic and Rehab Specialist
Proprietor: For the Love of Fit (www.FortheLoveofFit.com)
AquaStretch™ Author and Facilitator-Trainer (www.AquaStretchCanada.com)
Author, Master Trainer: AQX Leadership Excellence Course, AquaBility, and AquaNatal; co-author of FloatFit, AquaCycling and AquaTots Leadership Training & Certification courses
ATRI Faculty (www.atri.org): Tsunami Spirit Award winner (2014) for innovation in aquatic therapy and rehabilitation
Visit and Like her FaceBook page: FortheLoveofFit