Have you had this problem?
You show up to teach your Deep & Delicious aqua fitness class, and several people stay in the shallow end. They won't move to deep water. What do you do?
- Hand them the class brochure and explain where they SHOULD be working?
- Ignore them?
- Move everyone to the shallow end so those fearful of deep water won't be upset or ignored?
This situation has happened to many aqua fitness instructors, including me. Early on, I decided there had to be a solution that offered great customer service, honoured participant preferences, and kept everyone safe and happy.
This course shares my solution with you!
There are numerous benefits to be gained from using the concepts in this course. Here are a few of the best:
- You will become 'Ambi-depth-sterous', and who doesn't want that?! Instructors who can simultaneously cue to both ends of the pool are aqua-magicians. Highly prized and sought after.
- You will optimize participant preferences. No one likes to be ignored. Everyone has their own valid reasons for their preferred pool depth.
- You will be able to accommodate larger class sizes by using all areas of the pool. Considering your impending rise in popularity, this will be necessary!
- You and your aqua fitness participants will benefit from understanding best movement choices in each depth of the pool. You will be a better instructor. Period.
- Chest Deep Versus Deep / Suspended
- Moves Restricted to One Depth
- Legs Flexion Extension Both Depths
- Legs Abduction Adduction & Transverse Planes Both Depths
- What Moves Work Where Chart #3
- Swivel Ski Chest Deep
- Swivel Ski Deep / Suspended
- Deep/Suspended Core Sequence
- Deep Water March Moves
- Chest Deep Jacks, Unweighted (no bouncing)
- Kneeling Ski in Deep Water
- March Moves Chest Deep
- Stretches in Deep Water
- Heels up March Chest Deep
- Ankle Up March Chest Deep
- Tucks in Deep Water
Connie Jasinskas, M.Sc.
Founder, Master Trainer
About the instructor
People have been kind enough to call me a gifted educator. The truth is, planning and hard work create effortless delivery. My courses are designed to help you skip the experiential errors and succeed sooner. My mission is to help you be your best!
About: Connie Jasinskas, M.Sc., brings over 30 years of experience, passion and humour to her work as an award-winning international health and fitness educator. She has developed a multitude of training resources, bringing laughter and learning to four continents and numerous countries. Connie co-authored AquaStretch™ Foundations, and created the AQX aqua fitness leadership training and certification program. AQX empowers facilities to train and certify aqua fitness leaders in-house.
Numerous one-day specialty certification courses are available through AquaStretchCanada, and the AQX program. At home in Cambridge, Canada, Connie provides therapeutic aquatics, pain education programs, OsteoFit classes, trainer development, and instructor certification in a variety of specialties. Her depth of experience and enthusiastic approach to active learning make her a sought-after course trainer, conference presenter, and keynote speaker.
Education: H.B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Sc. (Exercise Physiology)
Qualifications: Certified Exercise Physiologist, Aquatic and Rehab Specialist, ATRI Faculty
Proprietor: For the Love of Fit (www.FortheLoveofFit.com)
Author, Master Trainer: AQX Aqua Fitness Leadership Excellence Course, AquaBility, AquaNatal, AquaStrength leadership training & certification courses
Co-author: AquaCycling and AquaTots leadership training & certification courses
AquaStretch™ Author and Facilitator-Trainer (www.AquaStretchCanada.com)
ATRI Faculty (www.atri.org): Tsunami Spirit Award winner (2014) for innovation in aquatic therapy and rehabilitation
Author: Prescription Laughter
Visit and Like her FaceBook page: FortheLoveofFit