We asked AQX Trainers for their wisdom. What light-bulb moments did they have that helped them teach better? What did they learn from their participants that would be important and useful to you? How did they solve problems that occurred in their facilities, with their aqua fit peeps? How did they keep classes fresh and motivating, avoiding burn-out or rust-out?? How did they learn to become better coaches?
This course is a compilation of AQX Trainer wisdom, tailored to your needs. Our intention is to help you instruct, motivate, and coach your aqua peeps, while following AQX guidelines, and staying safe on deck.
- D-1. Focus on the Back of the Body FREE PREVIEW
- D-2i. How's YOUR Posture?
- D-2ii. Power Posture Alignment Tips - Downloadable PDF
- D-3. Exercises to Improve Muscle Balance
- D-4i. Exercise to Strengthen Upper Body & Core
- D-4ii. More Exercise for Upper Body & Core
- D-5i. Sample Exercises - Lower Body
- D-5ii. More Lower Body Exercises
- D-6. Back to the Future Quiz
- E-1. Connect with your participants FREE PREVIEW
- E-2. Caring for your participants FREE PREVIEW
- E-3. Observe Your Participants - Cue & Comment Accordingly
- E-4. Why Do People Disengage During Class?
- E-5. Facial expression
- E-5i. Body Language video
- E-6. Body Language
- E-7. Words & Voice
- E-8. Building Rapport Quiz
- G - 1. Objectives FREE PREVIEW
- G - 2. Professional Development
- G - 3. Keep a Choreography Journal
- G - 4. Life Long Learning - Expand Your Horizons!
- G - 5. Mash Up! What and Why
- G - 6. Types of Classes for a Mash Up!
- G - 7. Teach at Both Depths
- G - 8. Pool Sharing
- G - 9. Surf & Turf
- G - 10. Think Outside the Box Quiz
Marianne Duschek & Connie Jasinskas
About the instructor
Quote: "If you don’t have time for your health today, you won’t have health for your time tomorrow."
Marianne Duschek has been a fitness professional for nearly 30 years, working in private clubs, community centres and corporate environment. Marianne started as a volunteer group fitness instructor at AMEX where she became the Fitness Director. Marianne teaches a variety of classes; Aquafit, cycling, hi/lo aerobics, BOSU, muscle conditioning are just a few examples. In 2000, Marianne produced her own stretch CD that was featured in local Toronto media, appearing on City TV’s Breakfast Television and Rogers. Marianne has published articles in fitness magazines. Additionally, Marianne offers personal training to clients ranging from apparently healthy to those with diabetes, Parkinson’s, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, hypertension and CVD. Marianne has presented workshops at CALA and OSHF Conferences as well as training colleagues and educating members.
Education: Bachelor of Science (Mathematics and Psychology) University of Toronto @ Scarborough
- CSEP Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- AQX Certified Fitness Leader & Trainer
- Urban Poling Nordic Walking Certified Instructor
- Schwinn Cycle Instructor
- BoneFit Trained
About: Connie Jasinskas, M.Sc., brings over 30 years of experience, passion and humour to her work as an award-winning international health and fitness educator. She has developed a multitude of training resources, bringing laughter and learning to four continents and numerous countries. Connie created the AQX aqua fitness leadership training and certification program. At home in Cambridge, Canada, Connie provides therapeutic aquatics, pain education programs, OsteoFit classes, trainer development, and instructor certification in a variety of specialties. Her depth of experience and enthusiastic approach to active learning make her a sought-after course trainer, conference presenter, and keynote speaker.
Education: H.B.Sc.(HK), B.Ed., M.Sc. (Exercise Physiology)
Qualifications: Certified Exercise Physiologist, Aquatic and Rehab Specialist, ATRI Faculty
Proprietor: For the Love of Fit (www.FortheLoveofFit.com)
Inventor: The Wave Rider - pelvic flotation device
AquaStretch™ Author and Facilitator-Trainer (www.AquaStretchCanada.com)
ATRI Faculty (www.atri.org): Tsunami Spirit Award winner (2014) for innovation in aquatic therapy and rehabilitation
Author: Prescription Laughter
Visit and Like our FaceBook page: FortheLoveofFit
Follow and like our posts on Instagram: AQX_AquaLeadershipExcellence