This expanded version of The Back Whisperer, called "BackSplash" has extended instructor content, brief quizzes, and offers 3 ATRI and AQX Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
Dr. Stuart McGill's groundbreaking research discourages curl-ups, hip flexion and trunk crunches during land-based core training. Instead, a modified curl-up replaces crunches. Prone and lateral planks, plus the 'bird dog' load and engage core muscles functionally.
BackSplash translates McGill's functional core exercises to the water!
AQX core exercises strengthen the trunk in neutral. NO crunches. NO tucks. NO repetitive knee lifts, high kicks, or overused hip flexors! This is functional aquatic core training that follows the research!
This course will shake up your world in a good way! Are you ready to move your aquatic core training exercises to the next level? Can you leave repetitive spine and hip flexion behind?
BackSplash offers a wide variety of challenging aquatic core work that is back-friendly and functional. Like all aquatic exercise, BackSplash core exercises can be as fierce or as friendly as you wish.
BackSplash exercises are included for chest deep and deep water • for muscle conditioning, cardiovascular exercise and stretch.
BackSplash explains how to incorporate functional core training into aquatic exercise sessions from start to finish!
- How to achieve and maintain Power Posture - the foundation of functional core training.
- How to use water effectively as a training tool by individualizing intensity.
- Helpful exercise guidelines for people dealing with mild-to-moderate back pain.
- Videos demonstrating functional core exercises.
- Downloadable PDF documents with useful guidelines and exercises.
- Videos of chest deep and deep water stretch sequences that build core strength.
- Progressions to customize functional aquatic core training.
What others have been saying about this course:
BackSplash Core Training
A refreshing examination of solid ideas supporting the latest scientific research in challenging and developing core strength in the water. The material is presented in a way that is easily understood and can be translated to any water based clas...
Cardio and core at the same time!
Current research translated and applied to aquatic fitness. I love applying best practice and staying current. Thank you for being so generous with your time and knowledge. Did you know that in some fields it takes 17 years to adopt new knowl...
Title reminds us that our backs are a priority
Videos very helpful. Power posture - alliteration makes it powerful and easy to remember for participants. Including McGill's big 3 is key.
- 1. BackSplash Objectives & McGill's Big 3
- 2. Disclaimer FREE PREVIEW
- 3. AQX Core Intro
- 4. Power Posture - from AQXonFloats
- 5. Power Posture Alignment Tips - Downloadable PDF
- 6. Working Well in the Water FREE PREVIEW
- 7. Adapting Aquatic Exercise Intensity: SAF • SOM • ROM
- 8. Using Buoyancy Options
- 9. Buoyancy Option Videos
- 10. Using Stance & Stability Options
- 11. Customizing Aquatic Overload: Reverse Matador
- 12. Stretches Chest Deep • Challenging the Core
- Quiz #1
- 1. Core Stabilization & Arm Progressions for Deep or Suspended Work
- 2. Deep Core Sequence
- 3. Swivel Ski • Unweighted • Chest Deep
- 4. Cardio + Core Challenges
- 5. Powerful Stillness FREE PREVIEW
- 6. Use of Equipment
- 7. AquaNatal Core Exercises
- 8. Kneeling Ski in Deep Water
- 9. Deep Water Stretch Sequence
- 10. Quiz #2
Connie Jasinskas, H.B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Sc.
Founder, Master Trainer
About the instructor
“Always, my motivation is the welfare of the person seeking better health: people in rehab after injury or surgery, the inactive person hoping to create a positive change, weekend warriors, and athletes. By offering research-based, quality training for these individuals, as well as their instructors and therapists, my goal is joyful improvement and better health through movement.” Connie Jasinskas
About: Connie Jasinskas, M.Sc., brings over 30 years of experience, passion and humour to her work as an international health and fitness educator. She is an award-winning innovator in therapeutic aquatics. Connie created the AQX aqua fitness leadership training and certification program, offering facilities the opportunity to train and certify aqua fitness staff in-house. AquaBility (gentle aqua fitness), AquaNatal, AquaTots, AquaStrength, AQXonFloats, and AquaCycling are all one-day specialty certification courses with the AQX program. At home in Cambridge, Canada, Connie provides AquaStretch™, therapeutic aquatic exercise, pain education programs, OsteoFit classes, Training for Trainers, and instructor certification in a variety of specialties. Her depth of experience and enthusiastic approach to active learning have delighted learners on four continents and in numerous countries. Connie is a sought-after trainer, presenter, author and keynote speaker.
Education: H.B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Sc. (Exercise Physiology)
Qualifications: Certified Exercise Physiologist, Aquatic and Rehab Specialist
Proprietor: For the Love of Fit (www.FortheLoveofFit.com)
Inventor: The Wave Rider - pelvic flotation device
AquaStretch™ Author and Facilitator-Trainer: www.AquaStretchCanada.com
Author, Master Trainer: AQX Leadership Excellence Course, AQX Training for Trainers, AQX Mentor & Assessor Training Course, AquaBility, and AquaNatal; co-author of AQXonFloats, AquaCycling and AquaTots Leadership Training & Certification courses
ATRI Faculty (www.atri.org): Tsunami Spirit Award winner (2014) for innovation in aquatic therapy and rehabilitation
Visit and Like her FaceBook page: FortheLoveofFit