AQX stands for Aqua Leadership Excellence. AQX is a Canadian, in-house and on-line aqua fitness instructor training and certification program. AQX was created to offer high quality, affordable instructor training.
Teaching aqua fitness is a complex task! AQX leadership training includes best practices for vertical aquatic exercise instruction, in chest deep or deep water.
This course is designed to assist you with AQX aqua fitness moves and cues. We want to clearly show how the instructor demonstrates each move, and how it looks in the water. Thorough review of this material will help you improve your competency and confidence.
The videos and other materials here are designed to help you visualize, do, and teach AQX recommended aquatic exercises. However, to develop your skills and confidence, you need to get into the water, and DO the exercises. You need to practice demonstrating the movements.
You always have the option to interact with an AQX Trainer to help you prepare for practical assessment (get in touch to arrange this). Guidelines for video creation are given in the last unit of the course.
This 4-CEC course is an ideal companion to an AQX in-person or on-line course, especially when you don't have an AQX Trainer living nearby!
In addition to earning 4 continuing education credits by successfully completing this course, more courses of interest to AQX leaders are available on this site. Check out The Back Whisperer, Cue for Two Depths, and AquaFITness 101.
Further skill development in a range of specialty topics is encouraged and available through AQX. Certification courses such as: Training for Trainers, AquaBility, AquaCycling, AquaTots, AquaNatal, and AQXonFloats. These courses are appropriate for certified, experienced aqua fitness instructors, who wish to advance their skills.
Let the adventure begin!
What others have been saying about this course:
AQX Aqua Fitness Leadership Skills
What a great refresher course! I like all the videos and word content. I really enjoy that I can go back and see what I've forgotten. For new AQX participates this course is fantastic, puts forth importance of the movement bank and information a...
AQX Aqua Fitness Leadership Skills
Excellent Course! All topics covered well to be able to teach an effective Aquafit class. Well designed and concepts are explained clearly. Great refresher if you've been teaching for a while too! Thanks Connie!
- A - 1. Welcome to AQX Leadership Training! FREE PREVIEW
- A - 2. AQX is Unique! FREE PREVIEW
- A - 3. AQX is Unique #2 FREE PREVIEW
- A - 4. How to Use This Course FREE PREVIEW
- A - 5. Remember: For ALL Moves and Videos
- A - 6. AQX History FREE PREVIEW
- A - 7. Helpful Terms and Short Forms
- A - 8. Tell us About Yourself FREE PREVIEW
- A - 9. Tell Us About YOU - Download the PDF FREE PREVIEW
- A - 10. Legal Stuff - A MUST READ!
- A - 11. Acknowledgements
- D - 1. Keep Me in Suspense!
- D - 2. Advantages of Suspended Exercise
- D - 3. The T-Test: Assessing Flotation Options
- D - 4. Flotation Options & Body Composition
- D - 5. Which Moves Work Where?
- D - 6. What Moves Work Where - PDF Download
- D - 7. Cardio and Core Both Depths
- D - 8. Deep Water March Moves
- D - 9. Teaching Deep Water Classes
- D - 10. Best Practices for AQX Deep Water Classes
- D - 11. Deep Core Sequence
- E - 1. How to Use This Chapter FREE PREVIEW
- E - 2. AQX Moves Tune-Up Sheet
- E - 3. Narrow March
- E - 4. Wide March
- E - 5. Ankle Up Chest Deep
- E - 6. Avoiding Overuse of Hip Flexion Movements
- E - 7. Heels Up March ("Hamstring Curls")
- E - 8. Jacks - How to Teach Them
- E - 9. Chest Deep Core Moves
- E - 10. Matador & Lisbon Leap
- E - 11. Pendulum - How to Teach It
- E - 12. Skateboard - Single Leg Cycle
- E - 13. Ski Tips
- E - 14. More Ski Tips
- E - 16. Swivel Ski - How to Teach this Great Move
Connie Jasinskas, H.B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Sc.
Founder, Master Trainer
About the instructor
“Always, my motivation is the welfare of the person seeking better health: people in rehab after injury or surgery, the inactive person hoping to create a positive change, weekend warriors, and athletes. By offering research-based, quality training for these individuals, as well as their instructors and therapists, my goal is joyful improvement and better health through movement.” Connie Jasinskas
About: Connie Jasinskas, M.Sc., brings over 30 years of experience, passion and humour to her work as an international health and fitness educator. She is an award-winning innovator in therapeutic aquatics. Connie created the AQX aqua fitness leadership training and certification program, offering facilities the opportunity to train and certify aqua fitness staff in-house. AquaBility (gentle aqua fitness), AquaNatal, AquaTots, AquaStrength, AQXonFloats, and AquaCycling are all one-day specialty certification courses with the AQX program. At home in Cambridge, Canada, Connie provides AquaStretch™, therapeutic aquatic exercise, pain education programs, OsteoFit classes, Training for Trainers, and instructor certification in a variety of specialties. Her depth of experience and enthusiastic approach to active learning have delighted learners on four continents and in numerous countries. Connie is a sought-after trainer, presenter, author and keynote speaker.
Education: H.B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Sc. (Exercise Physiology)
Qualifications: Certified Exercise Physiologist, Aquatic and Rehab Specialist
Proprietor: For the Love of Fit (www.FortheLoveofFit.com)
Inventor: The Wave Rider - pelvic flotation device
AquaStretch™ Author and Facilitator-Trainer: www.AquaStretchCanada.com
Author, Master Trainer: AQX Leadership Excellence Course, AQX Training for Trainers, AQX Mentor & Assessor Training Course, AquaBility, and AquaNatal; co-author of AQXonFloats, AquaCycling and AquaTots Leadership Training & Certification courses
ATRI Faculty (www.atri.org): Tsunami Spirit Award winner (2014) for innovation in aquatic therapy and rehabilitation
Visit and Like her FaceBook page: FortheLoveofFit